Why?

“With Great power comes great responsibility” – Spiderman
“…to whomever much is given, of him much shall be required…” – Luke 14:28

Why do you do what you do?  Is it because it is safe?  Is because of fear? Is it because you were told you could make a lot of money doing it?  Every person whether they admit it or not wants to do something that matters and live a life of significance.  This post was written for those who bought the 30-year old lie that was told to every boy and girl who grew up during the industrial manufacturing age. ‘If you go to school, graduate, you will get a job and you will work that job until death do you part’, this statement is no longer relevant today.  At some point most of us woke up and you were unemployed, underemployed or our dreams were at risk because the world we once knew had suddenly changed.  We now live in a post industrial economy where job security, career reinvention, and globalization are changing the way we live, work and play.

If 44% of people are unsatisfied with their jobs (the remaining 56% = 19%-happy, 16%-Somewhat Satisfied, 21%-Somewhat unsatisfied), 32% of U.S. Employees want to find new work and 30% of the worlds job force is jobless then…

‘Why do you do what you do?’